Participants in the electricity industry must register and supply registration information to us.
The Act refers to the Electricity Industry Act 2010
Participants in the electricity market are defined under the Act to include:
- distributors (such as lines companies)
- line owners
- electricity consumers connected directly to the grid
- people who generate electricity that is fed into a network
- people who purchase electricity from the clearing manager
- market operation service providers
- metering equipment providers
- metering equipment owners
- people who operate approved test houses
- load aggregators
- ancillary service agents
- traders in electricity.
For clarification on the classification of an industry participant, check the legal definition of a participant in section 7 of the Act.
You may want to seek legal advice on the implications for you of the Act and Code.
Last updated: 12 October 2020